Re: [rp-ml] Benefit of rapid manufacturing on natural environment

From: dkleigh@harvest-tech.com
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 14:51:21 EEST

There are at least 2 other benefits:

1. The density and part volume are typically smaller. By designing
to reduce weight, the lifetime support costs of carrying excess weight
around in vehicles on the ground or in the air is reduced.
2. Some (if not all) of the nylons used in the SLS process are
agricultural based products and not petroleum based. I'm not 100% of
the name of the bean used and what is done to produce the crop, but
I'm guessing that there is some overall benefit.