[rp-ml] RP rheological issues

From: richard geurtsen (rageurtsen@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2007 - 21:33:28 EEST

I am fairly new in reading up about Rapid Prototyping technologies and have a question related to the materials that are used for the production of 3-D models.

I am aware of the fact that various technologies exist to create 3-D models (e.g. SLA, SLS, FDM, polyjet, 3-D printing, etc.). However, I am interested to know in what type of rheological problems (if any) are being encountered by using the various technologies. In addition, I am interested in the type of rheological additives typically used.

Richard A. Geurtsen, Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist
Elementis Specialties, Inc
329 Wyckoffs Mill Road