[rp-ml] Centrifugal Casting of Plastics

From: joepuska@iwon.com
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 16:57:39 EEST

We were wondering if anyone on the list has experience with centrifugal casting of polymers using an RP model to make the master for the mold. Which systems are best for this?

In a related topic, has anyone tried to use centrifugal casting to achieve a variable density of the cast polymer? Our thought was to load a polymer with a filler (e.g., salt) that would tend to flow to the outmost part of the mold, thus creating a density variation from close to the center of the mold to the outermost portion of the mold.

Jack