[rp-ml] V-flash technology

From: Ian Gibson (mpegi@nus.edu.sg)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2007 - 06:13:46 EET

Hi All

I was wondering if anyone knew what type of technology is going to be
used in the V-flash machine from 3DS?

My guess is that it wont have a laser and was wondering whether it
will have a laser diode with a 2D plotting system (similar to
Autostrade)? Was wondering therefore about the machine speed? Was
also wondering about the cartridge issue. Is this a
recyclable/refillable system or a throw-away item. Are we therefore
going to get a variation of the Thermojet, where the price for
materials becomes prohibitively high?

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Regards

IG