Re: [rp-ml] CLI binary format

From: Todd Pederzani <tpederzani_at_protocam.com>
Date: Thu Nov 09 2006 - 19:15:16 EET

Cristina Kadar wrote:
> I am looking for the standard binary format of the CLI (Common Layer
> Interface) files. Anybody knows where I can find it online?
>
> (I found some references to
> http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/cua/rapid/cli/cli_v20.html, but the link is
> not working).
> <http://pa.yahoo.com/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=36035/*http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/>
It looks like this is a standard from 1994, if the current batch of
search results are to be believed. It was developed by EARP, and *may*
be the same as this:

> Layer Manufacturing by Oyvind Bjorke, Tapir Publisher, 1992, ISBN:
> 82-519-1125-7.
> EARP document titled Data Exchange For Rapid Prototyping is on the
> Internet.
> Anonymous ftp to leva.leeds.ac.uk. The document is available in the Step
> directory as an ASCII file in earp_dataexch.txt and as a
> Word-for-Windows file
> in earp_dataexch.doc.

The FTP link in that brief is dead.

It looks like you may be able to pay for the standard (or works that
reference it). See:

http://www.emeraldinsight.com/Insight/viewContentItem.do?contentType=Article&hdAction=lnkpdf&contentId=877391
http://cordis.europa.eu/search/index.cfm?fuseaction=lib.simpledocument&DOC_ID=26839861&CFID=10962764&CFTOKEN=48934013

Best of luck.

--
Todd Pederzani          tpederzani@protocam.com
ProtoCAM                System Administrator