Re: [rp-ml] Stratasys to stop selling/servicing Objet Edens

From: Ian Gibson <mpegi_at_nus.edu.sg>
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 18:59:24 EEST

Greg, thankyou for putting me in my 'place'. You are right, that is
indeed not what I meant to say, but I think you do get the gist.

I suppose, since it is Global, the marketplace cannot really change
in size (or shape) at all. I suppose I should have said "As the RP
marketplace becomes global"

Yours, IG

At 20:35 03/08/2006, you wrote:
>On 8/2/06, Ian Gibson <<mailto:mpegi@nus.edu.sg>mpegi@nus.edu.sg> wrote:
>My understanding is that there has been confusion amongst buyers and
>distributors as to how Stratasys and Objet view each other. In the
>US, Stratasys are saying that Eden is fantastic and complements the
>FDM family. In other parts of the world, they are competitors. With
>an ever shrinking global marketplace,
>

> Ian,
>
>I find it very difficult to believe that the global market for RP is
>shrinking! Perhaps you mean that the "global marketplace" is (as
>Thomas Friedman says in his book "The World is Flat") getting flatter?
>
>--
>Best Regards
>Greg Pettengill
><http://coteart.com/index.html>Cote' Art & Engineering
>(321)269-7587
>
>Fantasie ist wichtiger als Wissen.
>Imagination is more important than knowledge.
>Albert Einstein

Dr. Ian Gibson
Associate Prof.
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
National University of Singapore

Senior Scientist
Singapore Inst. of Manufacturing Technology

tel: +65 9277 7343