Re: [rp-ml] Super Large RP or AF

From: John Brock <jb_at_mcneel.com>
Date: Sun Jun 11 2006 - 01:20:02 EEST

Hi Bo:
    For big stuff, think "subtractive" instead of "additive" RP. Your
model can be milled in slabs from 20# foam on a large gantry mill.
The sections can be pinned together, then lost detail re-carved, then
filled and sealed with Bondo and primer. This big model can be used
as a plug to make a mould. Then using the mould you can lay up as
many as you need in Fiberglass. This is how Disney Imagineering gets
25' tall fiberglass Mickeys, etc.

John Brock