Re: [rp-ml] Looking for platform support of stl files

From: Chris Elliott <cl3ellio_at_interchange.ubc.ca>
Date: Wed May 31 2006 - 19:53:51 EEST

I've been asked to expand on what I'm trying to. Basically I'm looking
into feature extraction from mesh models (stl files in this case) for
FDM components. To do so, I need a package with a API that allows me to
gain access to the mesh's date (via a data structure of some kind). I
know for stl files this is more involved than with vrml files since the
topology of the mesh is not saved within the file structure.

Thanks,
Chris