[rp-ml] Not So Rapid Prototyping (NSRP)

From: <joepuska_at_iwon.com>
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 21:55:48 EET

In our recent endeavors to find a source for one of a kind RP models at a reasonable price, one of the things that we noticed is that for systems like the Invision and ZCorp Printer, there is a stiff overhead in obtaining a single model.

Does anyone offer a not so rapid prototyping service (NSRP) whereby an order for one part is batched with other parts, but the turnaround will be a week or two rather than a couple of days. It would appear that this technique should bring down the cost and price of parts made on the batch oriented systems (e.g, SLA, Invision, Thermojet, ZPrinter).

Jack