Re: [rp-ml] Vibration sensitivity of SLA equipment?

From: <David.Oblak_at_coulter.com>
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 15:15:19 EET

I've had 2 SLA 250s on a second floor. People walking by, doors closing
and palette jacks full of supplies occurred every day. I would watch the
vat resin surface ripple as these things would occur. I since then moved
both machines to the ground floor and have eliminate most of the vibration
issues. I would recommend placing machines on its own foundation if you're
going to get near train tracks, shipping docks, etc.

Regards,

Dave Oblak
Principal Model Maker/RP
Mechanical Design
Beckman/Coulter
david.oblak@coulter.com
1.305.380.3764
1.305.380.3579 fax

"Steve Stewart" <steve@protogenic.com>
Sent by: owner-rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi
01/24/2006 06:13 PM

cc

Subject
[rp-ml] Vibration sensitivity of SLA equipment?

Hi, all -

We are planning on moving our facility this next year, probably just a few
miles away from where we are now. However, one of the questions that was
just asked is, "do you have any concerns about railroad tracks, thus
vibrations, near the building?"

I'm pretty sure that having trains run right by an SLA machine would be a
bad idea, but can anybody tell me what a safe distance from tracks might
be? Any real-life experience with trains and vibrations?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Stewart

Steve Stewart steve@protogenic.com
protogenic, inc.
http://www.protogenic.com
1490 w. 121 ave., suite 101 phone:303-252-0212
westminster, co 80234 fax:303-252-0223

Protogenic - Your design, our commitment

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Beckman Coulter, Inc. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.