RE: [rp-ml] Where are the Universities? - Here!

From: Brett Lyons (lyonsb@umich.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 31 2005 - 02:40:34 EET

Hello,

 From my position at the University of Michigan I see extensive use of
RP here by the students, faculty and staff for their course work and
research in addition to very specialized application and materials
research. I think these additive tools are being incorporated into the
standard engineering, art, architecture and science curriculum (at the
top schools at least) and in turn only come up when their application
is novel. Not to toot our own horn but I think the following example
will be more typical of whats being done at Universities, instead of
machine design and other core technology work that UTA, MIT and the
like did previously:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050502/mastodon.html

Happy Nearly-New Year!
-Brett

Brett Lyons
Senior Research Technician, UM3D Lab
Graduate Student, Mechanical Engineering
FSAE, SAE, SME, AFS
734-647-5497