[rp-ml] Looking for Eden 260 experiences - From Gadi Har-shai

From: Amit Shvartz (Amit_Shvartz@2objet.com)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 18:38:57 EET

The Eden 260 in question was installed at Poddar Co., a jewelry maker, in India in August of 2004, over a year ago. During the period, the machine was serviced by Objet local distributor at that time, Vectraform. Over this period, this machine printing used over 100 kilogram of resin, which clearly indicates that it was a good and performing machine, this material amount is equivalent to about 1,000 printing hours!

However, due to a combination of misuse of the machine by the customer (changing parameters, parts, moving the machine location to a new site) and inadequate support that was provided by our distributor Vectraform, the machine's condition deteriorated to a point it did not perform as our 400+ Objet Eden systems do around the world, and thus required Objet customer support intervention. Our engineers visited Poddar several times for a week each, since Vectraform simply did not show up or if did, stayed for unreasonable short time. Since Poddar Co. rightfully refused to continue to be serviced by Vectraform, Objet decided, and agreed with Poddar, to replace the machine and seek another support solution. Unfortunately Poddar infringed this agreement by shipping us back the machine, that during transit became Total Loss, and was not insured as agreed.

Objet is committed to its customers even in unpleasant situations like that, and will keep seeking a suitable solution to conclude this dispute. Given our high concern for customer satisfaction a new distributor, Apsom Co. was appointed three months ago in India to provide high level support to our growing installed base in this region.

Rather than using the rp-ml forum for increasing the use of Rapid Prototyping and growing the industry, we find it a pity for the above thread to find its way to the forum.

Best regards,

Gadi Har-shai
VP Customer Support
Objet Geometries Ltd.