RE: [rp-ml] Research Proposal

From: James McMurray (mcmurray@u.washington.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 03 2005 - 01:50:38 EET

Khurram,

I have always thought this would be a good project. Use a 3D printing
machine that uses a powdered material for its build material and a liquid
binder (Z-Corp). Then modify the binder delivery system to allow you to use
a number of different binders (Z-Corp color). Develop a binder that will
conduct electricity. If this could be worked out your 3D prints could
contain all the necessary power and switching runs for some very complex
shaped parts. It would also allow children with a few small motors,
switches, and batteries to build their own powered toys. There are many
applications of this that are possible.

Just a thought, maybe it has been done?

Regards,

---- James McMurray ______________________ mcmurray@u.washington.edu