[rp-ml] RP & RE Service Bureau Directory Statistics

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 00:12:05 EET

Hi Folks:

For a short time you can see some interesting numbers concerning RP & RE
Service Bureau Directory Statistics on our site at this location:

http://home.att.net/~castleisland/sb_stat.htm

(This page is not linked from any other page and can only be found using this
link.)

The numbers were gathered from data taken over two extended periods. The
most recent period was from 4/18/05 to 11/1/05, (about 5 1/2 months). The prior
period was from 7/21/04 to 4/18/05, (about 9 months). The data show the
change in activity for specific pages in our directory from the first period to the
second.

Sweeping generalizations abstracted from the data are also provided. They
may be true - or these might just be statistics. If enough companies let us
know about their experience over these periods - even in an anecdotal fashion -
it might be possible to get an idea of how much this "index" reflects the
truth. This could be an interesting and useful tool for the SB industry, but it
needs confirmation.

We promise that any information, identities and all data will remain
completely confidential. The only information that will be made public is a summary
of the responses. (If any).

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.
781-646-6280 (voice or fax)
EdGrenda@aol.com (email)

The Worldwide Guide to Rapid Prototyping
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/