Re: [rp-ml] 3D software

From: Markus Hitter (mah@jump-ing.de)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 14:19:23 EEST

Am 18.10.2005 um 12:42 schrieb steve:

> I don't know this [3D's Buildstation] software - but in general -
> most software groups
> change the number before the dot when they add a bunch of new features
> - and bump the number after the dot when they fix bugs.

If one sells software, fine and expected habits are to release
maintenance/bug fix releases for free.

3D Buildstation might be a "evolving" software, i.e. small
enhancements are added from dot release to dot release. I just fail
to see any reason why Steve doesn't have the choice to buy whatever
release he wants.

My $0.02,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter