Re: [rp-ml] Rough Z-Corp Finish

From: richard fletcher (rlf14@hotmail.co.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 20 2005 - 10:46:26 EEST

Thanks for all the replies; i shall try the cleaning of the carriage
although i'm sure we've recently just done that, but no harm in doing it
again. I shall also check the gears and belts and get back to you on how it
goes.

The stripe runs from the front to the back of the machine. It is a very thin
line as though one or two of the ink nozzles are blocked as the distance
stays constant, even after print head changes.

What i am also getting is a very rough surface finish in the Z height.
Approximately every 5mm in the z direction we get a lip appear on the model
as though the print head has overshot where it is supossed to print.

I am based in Nottingham, UK.