Re: [rp-ml] Brushed finish stainless steel sheet sources

From: Chris Arnold (arnolcj@auburn.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 18 2005 - 02:22:19 EEST

You might try McMaster-Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/

They will likely have what you're looking for in textured as well as
finish stock in a wide variety of shapes.
When you hit the front page, do a search for 'stainless steel' and
you'll be there.

Quoted from the Textured Stainless Steel section...
"Finishes
Unpolished (Mill) Finish— No finish is applied. Alloy is sold as
fabricated by the mill.
Unpolished (#2B Mill) Finish— Semireflective finish as fabricated by
the mill.
Brushed (#3 Satin) Finish— Polished to a brushed finish on one side so
grain lines will be in one direction.
Brushed (#4 Satin) Finish— Polished to a fine brushed finish on one
side so grain lines will be in one direction.
Mirror-Like (#8) Finish— Polished to a mirror-like finish on one side.
It's free of grain lines."

Hope this helps a little,
Chris Arnold, IDSA
Dept. of Industrial Design