RE: [rp-ml] Gluing duraform PA to aluminium..

From: John Eric Voltin (jevoltin@agile-technology.com)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 17:23:41 EEST

I have some experience in gluing metals to plastics. In particular, I have worked on production assemblies where a hard anodized aluminum part is glued to acrylic. Your case should be a little easier than that.

I would recommend looking at industrial epoxies from companies like Devcon, Ellsworth Adhesives, MasterBond, and Tra-Con. I have mostly worked with Ellsworth Adhesives and Devcon, but I suspect any of these companies could be of assistance. These companies are able to provide adhesives that are specific to the materials you are using and they typically offer samples for testing purposes.

 - John

John Eric Voltin
Mechanical Engineer
Agile Technology