Re: [rp-ml] A public survey on terminology

From: Brock Hinzmann (bhinzmann@sric-bi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 29 2005 - 19:59:55 EEST

Holmer,

If you really don't know what Star Trek is, then you make
your point very clearly. We often think everyone must have
seen American TV and movies. 3-D Printer will make more
sense to non-Trekkies than Replicator will. Even the
Trekkies will probably expect too much from a Replicator.

Professionals will certainly recognize Additive
Manufacturing and I expect most of them have refered to a
Build at one time or another. But most will recognize
virtually all oof the alternatives that have been
mentioned here, because you are here and you discuss them.
Experts will take the time to learn new terms and
behaviors, even awkward ones (sometimes especially the
awkward ones).

Brock Hinzmann