Re: [rp-ml] Bonding SLA Resins

From: Markus Hitter (mah@jump-ing.de)
Date: Wed Aug 17 2005 - 18:11:01 EEST

Am 17.08.2005 um 14:28 schrieb paul.chaplinsky@us.henkel.com:

> Does anyone have a need for bonding (gluing) SLA resins, once they
> are cured?

This is probably a common need. Any two component epoxy resin (my
favourite is UHU Plus, a german product) should do fine. I didn't try
cyanacrylate or polyester glue, but I don't see a reason why they
shouldn't work either.

> Anyone ever had a problem bonding cured SLA resins.

In principle, you'd even be able to use the SLA's build resin.
However, I've found cured SLA resin to shield UV light quite good:
you need up to several days of UV oven or sunlight exposure to get
the fluid in thight, deep gaps completely hardened.

> If so, please contact me off the list to discuss.

To quote this mailing list's etiquette:

"When responding to a posted question, if your answer is likely to be
of general interest (usually), then send the reply to the list (rp-
ml@rapid.lpt.fi), not just to the person asking the question."

(Quite some people read mailing lists for the answers, not for the
questions)

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter