Re: [rp-ml] Requesting info on 1 part Epoxies with viscosity less than 20cps

From: Markus Hitter (mah@jump-ing.de)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 11:47:18 EEST

Am 06.07.2005 um 20:06 schrieb Sheku Kamara:

> I'm looking for a 1-part epoxy, [...][which] is re-usable since
> part size changes.

Reusable in terms of recycling already built parts?

This won't work since Epoxy can be cured once in a life, only. You
probably want to use some sort of thermoplastics, similar to what is
used in the FDM or SLS process.

> [...] preferably heat cured, [...]

The only way I'm aware of to achieve something similar is to use a
very slow curing Epoxy, where you can virtually stop the chemical
process at low temparatures (minus 25 deg Celsius). "Prepreg"s,
fabric pre-fabricated for manufacturing fiber reinforced plastics,
use this technology. Once heated (plus 70 deg Celsius) and fluid, the
curing time is still measured in hours ...

Hope that helps,
Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/