Re: [rp-ml] Make magazine

From: Brock Hinzmann (bhinzmann@sric-bi.com)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 03:11:27 EEST

Thanks, Adrian.

I can see why you want to standardize parts, especially when you want to
prove it can be done. What I was thinking was, can we imagine that some
circuit boards from some devices, like a certain model cell phone or
computer mouse, are so widely available that you could have,
essentially, a standardized part? Or maybe in the future, once the basic
RepRap is standardized, people could modify it by hacking open some
other product, like a Roomba or a RoboSapien, and reprogramming a piece
of it to fit into a new version of RepRap? In other words, have you
thought of leaving some part of the design open to such modifications?

I'll be leaving the Internet for the next week, but I hope people are
able to have some fun with this string.

best regards,
Brock Hinzmann