Fw: [rp-ml] SLA x SLS

From: Mert Wehl (m.vries@wehl-partner.com)
Date: Sat May 14 2005 - 18:09:37 EEST

I agree with that, only my personal opinion on the expensiveness
of SLA, would be a reflection on the cost of several parts of
the machine in itself.
Likely the most expensive part of the machine is the laser system
itself, which in another perspective decides greatly on the speed
and accuracy of the whole process.
Where the laser itself is no problem at all to change for another
more cost effective one, the finishing of the parts will be there
and is a labor intensive and as such expensive job.
Wether SLS or SLA the layers will always be there inherent
to the process, where SLA parts can nicely be polished and
SLS have more problems in achiving this.

My personal opinion on the item is that the SLA process is far more
accurate than SLS and can still be much more as is today typically.
Resins will continue to evolve and already available resins give a
wide range of aplications.

With regards,

Lammertus de Vries