Re: [rp-ml] SLS Lock-up Discussion

From: Sheku Kamara (kamara@msoe.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 18:51:36 EEST

David,

We experienced this phenomenon along with missing layers almost on a weekly
basis in the past, until we were advised to reduce the part count and file
size per layer.
The problem occurred often, when we had file sizes over 20MB with at least
5 parts on the same layer. Both computers have also been replaced and we
haven't experienced this in a while. Which version of DOS is installed on
your scanner computer?
Don't forget to reboot the scanner computer after every "large" build to
refuel that magic wand. It runs out of magic pretty fast.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sheku Kamara
Rapid Prototyping Center
Milwaukee School of Engineering