[rp-ml] SLS Lock-up Discussion

From: David K. Leigh (dkleigh@harvest-tech.com)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 17:51:06 EEST

Greetings fellow SLSers in the Wide Wide World of Digital Manufacturing,

I thought I'd pose a discussion question for y'all. Ever since we've worked
with SLS equipment, we have had occassions where our machines go into la-la
land overnight and we come in the next day to find them sitting there, being
less than productive. It seems the standard time-out discipline technique
doesn't work so well. So, we've tried a few other things. . .

In some cases we've changed the scanner computer, other times we've gotten a
new main computer. But it seems that no matter what you do, there seems to
always be that possibility.

So, what have been your experiences with this? Any magic wiffle dust that
works particularly well?

Look forward to seeing a lively discussion.

<Sits back, opens some freshly popped popcorn, and pops open a cold Dr.
Pepper>

David K. Leigh (254)933-1000
Harvest Technologies fax(254)298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services dkleigh@harvest-tech.com