Re: [rp-ml] Independent method of machine feed rate verification?

From: Charles Conner (cc@gtsignature.com)
Date: Fri Apr 15 2005 - 17:39:34 EEST

Glenn,

My Uncle works for Austin NC (AKA Intercim) writing posts to drive various equipment. This is his response to your question:

Our post processor does this. The only time the set feed rate is not the actual machine speed is when the machine is making a circular move. When our post calculates cycle times it figures out the actual feed rate by computing the true radial feed rate based on the radius of the circular move.

I hope this helps...

Fred

Best regards,

Charles.

SiderWhite <siderwhite@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
Dear rp-ml:

Here's a good one for you - has anyone looked into a method of independently verifying actual feed rates on a machning center?
Not a CNC program simulation verification like using Vericut but verifying feed rates real time on the machine. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn

Charles Conner
Marketing Director

GT Signature - Digital Design & Manufacturing
8403 Cross Park Drive
Suite 3A
Austin, Texas, USA 78754

Phone +1.512.491.9797