Re: [rp-ml] Re: New machines could turn homes into small factories

From: Brock Hinzmann (bhinzmann@sric-bi.com)
Date: Sat Mar 26 2005 - 03:36:55 EET

I think Linux would not have gotten nearly as far as it
has if it relied entirely on resources. Plenty of hardware
and service business is being built upon open resources,
and plenty of the Linux support is being done by people on
the payroll of those companies, large and small, and
governments that have an interest in that business model.
I certainly like that business model better than the one
on which Microsoft built its fortunes, threatening to sue
me because it assumed that someone in my company might
have made a bootleg copy, and then using that market power
to drive out of business the little companies whose
software actually did what I wanted it to.

If you actually succeed in creating an open source
fabrication platform that works, I think it would be a
good thing. I hope they call it Sunshine.

Brock