[rp-ml] RP Buddha Statue to be part of Relic Tour

From: Alair Emory (alaire@javelin3d.com)
Date: Tue Mar 08 2005 - 18:33:27 EET

Dear List:

A few years back my company built two very large (20 foot) Buddha
Statues for the Maitreya Project. These statues were reverse
engineered from a 4-foot hand sculpted statue and then the CAD model
was built using a developmental RP system pioneered by Dr. Charles
Thomas at the U of U. This system used 1/4" foam sheets and a water
jet system to allow one to build 4 foot by five sections using RP
technology. One statue was sent to a Buddhist Center in California and
the other was shipped to India.

One of the statues that we built will now be included in a Buddhist
Relics tour that is scheduled to tour the world through 2008 as they
begin the building of the 500 foot statue that they have plans for in
India. I have included below the organization's press release about
the kick-off of this event in Salt Lake City, UT on March 18. If
anyone is interested in a jpeg of either the rendering of the RE file
that we created or the picture of the 20 foot model before it was
shipped to California - please email me directly and I will send it to
you.

I thought that since this tour is international, list members outside
of the US may get to see this very large example of rapid prototyping.
Please see the organization's release below.

Alair Emory
Senior Partner
Javelin3D, LLC
533 S 700 E
Salt Lake City, Utah 84102
ph. 801.466.5518
fx. 801.363.6376
"Contract Research, Medical Modeling, Rapid Prototyping, Product Design"
For More Info: www.javelin3d.com