[rp-ml] exothermic reaction

From: John Irvin (jirvin@necoinc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 04 2005 - 03:37:49 EET

Folks
We have a been playing with a polymerized concrete mixture that uses an
accelerate to quicken up the curing or hardening process. I have put the
accelerate straight in water and we get an exothermic reaction very quickly.
If you put to much accelerate in the concrete then the mixture will harden
before you even get done mixing it up. The concrete mixture has polystyrene
in it to make it lighter but has some type of dark polymer and grout
mixture. Has anyone played with a chemistry like this and also would anyone
know a chemical when water is added reacts in about 5 - 10 seconds. This is
not a sodium or phosphorus reaction but it heats up to about 130 to 150 deg
F.
Thanks

John Irvin
President
NECO Incorporated
3901 Nome Street, Unit 8
Denver, Colorado 80239
Ph 303 574 1077
Cell 303 668 1663

write to: jirvin@necoinc.com
web: www.necoinc.com
"We will find a way, or we will make one"