[rp-ml] Some design help

From: nyair24@yahoo.com
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 02:15:32 EET

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new biomedical device made with rp, and one of the internal components of it is a relatively small steel wire. During testing, we found that this wire was cutting into patients (can't have that happen), and though I was originally planning to remove it, it's kind of critical to the system. So instead, I'm now trying to think of a way to "coat" the wire in some kind of rubber, plastic, or other generally forgiving type of material. To complicate things, the wire still has to be able to bend after it has been coated, which rules something like an acrylic out. My main problem is that I'm not really sure where I can find those types of materials, and once I have them how I go about coating it to the wire. Any ideas?

Charlie