Re: [rp-ml] Layered manufacturing Bego

From: Baran M. Dag <baran.dag_at_infotron.com.tr>
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 17:56:03 EET

Adding on to what Jonathan just said, I can confirm that Bego is using
the MCP Realizer system utilizing SLM technology. I believe they are
operating more than one system.

SLM adds a whole lot more to SLS. With SLM you theoratically can use all
metal powders (if you can find the correct size) and some ceramic
powders in the system. The software lets you play with lots of
parameters to get successful builds with different powders. Up to now I
have seen very good stainless steel, titanium and CrCo parts. The wall
thickness can get close to 0.2 mm.

As Jonathan says the parts are usually 99% dense.