[rp-ml] Question about Viper si2 and Eden 330

From: Tae-ywan Kim <arxech_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Nov 01 2004 - 12:03:36 EET

Dear RPlist:

I have a question about comparison of 3d Systems¡¯s Viper Si2 and Object Eden 330.

In surface quality of outcome from both machines,

For Viper si2, they say that the resolution = 0.025mm and 0.5mm,

and for Eden 330, the resolution of x=0.042,y=0.084, and z=0.016.

With these sets of numbers, I can¡¯t figure out which one builds better surface qualities. In my short opinion, the resolution of hight(z-axis) seems to more affect surface quality. And then despite the lower resolution of x and y-axis of Eden 330 than Viper si2, Eden 330 can make better or similar surface quality. Am I wrong?

Could you please let me have practical advices about comparison of their surface qualities, based on your priceless, practical experiences?

And I would really like to have any suggestion about any issue in comparison of both machines.

Thank you in advance

Tae-ywan Kim

DIGITAL CRAFTSMAN