Re[2]: [rp-ml] STL file feature recognition

From: Ralph _at_ NGS <_at_>
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 05:06:15 EEST

Hello Pooyan,

PJ> Hello Ralph
PJ> Thank you for your reply.

PJ> What I actually want to do is to write a piece of code that can
PJ> automatically interrogate a STL file and extract info on geometric
PJ> features such a diameter or length of a hole or its distance from edge
PJ> of the part. The extracted data then had to be transferred
PJ> automatically to another file.
 You are very Brave! :)) something like stl-recognition software?
 cool!

PJ> Is there any way I can interrogate STL file for this purpose?
PJ> I guess a STL file is much harder to interrogate than an IGES file format!!!!

PJ> Can Solidview achieve this?
I believe that SolidView could only give you an information. if you
like to repare STL file it is better to use "Magics RP" by Materialise
software (IMHO).

PJ> Regards

may be this links will help you?
http://www.sdsc.edu/tmf/Stl-specs/stl.html