RE: [rp-ml] Jaw Bone From Stem Cells

From: David K. Leigh <dkleigh_at_harvest-tech.com>
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 00:41:37 EEST

Early work at the Univ. of Texas using the SLS process worked on these types
of projects. And, as I recall, they were able to implant an RP jawbone into
a monkey with limited success. The body started adapting to it and
depositing calcium on the matrix. There was more work done on a
bio-material, but I'm not sure what ever happened. I think the original
work was done with less than full density polycarbonate.

David K. Leigh (254)933-1000
Harvest Technologies fax(254)298-0125
Rapid Prototyping Services dkleigh@harvest-tech.com