[rp-ml] Job opportunity in the UK

From: Chris Sutcliffe <c.j.sutcliffe_at_liverpool.ac.uk>
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 14:16:20 EEST

Dear List

I have the following job available in the UK for immediate start

Postdoctoral Researcher, Spiral Growth Manufacturing (SGM)

Dr Chris Sutcliffe, Department of Engineering
Dr Richard Black, Department of Clinical Engineering

Until the present time the majority of rapid manufacturing systems have
relied on the use of a simple step-by-step non-continuous approach to
layering: Using an innovative system for the parallelisation of the
layering process, this project will design, develop and test a system for
the continuous fabrication of free form structures and oral dosage forms
from powdered materials. The successful candidate will be an Engineering
graduate who holds, or expects to gain a PhD in the physical sciences or an
engineering related discipline, and who has a working knowledge of rapid
manufacturing, computer programming, CAD, and electronics. An interest in
biomedical engineering or pharmaceutical applications of advanced
manufacturing technology is desirable but not essential.

Salary =A318,265 - =A322,191 (under review)

I will be holding interviews at Liverpool within the next 2 weeks for the
post

Best Regards

Chris

Dr. Chris Sutcliffe

Rapid, Micro and Bio Manufacturing Research
MSERC
The University of Liverpool
Department of Engineering
Ashton Building