Re: [rp-ml] Stl for CNC and spray on fiberglass

From: Delft Spline Systems <info_at_spline.nl>
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 12:29:48 EEST

At 02:39 PM 4/23/04, Jonathan Chertok wrote:
>Can anyone give me the lowdown on what might (or might not) be required
>for getting an stl file into a CNC-friendly format?

Hi Jonathan,

The question is incorrect (or the answer is "nothing"), as STL is
a very CNC-friendly format. Polygon data is in fact so CNC-friendly
that most CAM software will convert solids and surfaces to polygons
in order to calculate the toolpaths. Using STL data brings this in
the open, and lets you control what happens.

See the gallery on our website for some nice examples of
STL file machining. And: when you can do all your STL's
within 30 days you can convert free of charge using the 30 days
trial version of DeskProto.

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling.

mailto:info_at_spline.nl --- website: http://www.deskproto.com