[rp-ml] - RP / VP and modeling from point cloud data

From: G. Saravana Kumar <gskumar_at_iitk.ac.in>
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 21:15:44 EEST

Dear List,

(To University Professors working in the area of RP / VP and modeling from
point cloud data)

I am Saravana Kumar <gskumar@iitk.ac.in> a PhD Student from IIT Kanpur
INDIA. I have submitted my thesis and in a months time expecting my
defense. Currently am looking forward to do my postdoctoral research.

In my PhD thesis, I have explored soft computing techniques (ANN and GA)
for modeling free-form shapes using point cloud data. I have also addressed
in the thesis, direct slicing of point cloud data for layered
manufacturing. If interested, I will be happy to send a copy of my thesis
synopsis. I have developed algorithms as well as implemented the same with
C, OpenGL and MATLAB for feature based reverse engineering, aesthetic shape
optimization using GA, direct layered manufacturing of point cloud data.

Some of my recent publications are :-

1.Saravana Kumar G., Kalra P. K. and Dhande S. G., Curve and surface
reconstruction from points: an approach based on Self-Organizing Maps,
Applied Soft Computing Journal (accepted and in review)

2. Saravana Kumar G., Kalra P. K. and Dhande S. G., Direct Layered
Manufacturing of Point Sampled Geometry, 1st International Conference on
Advanced Research in Virtual and Rapid Prototyping, Leiria, Portugal,
October 1-4, 2003.

3. Saravana Kumar G., Kalra P. K. and Dhande S. G., Hybridization of ANN,
GA and Classical Optimization for B-spline curve fitting, 3rd International
Conference Hybrid Intelligent Systems, Melbourne, Australia, December
14-17, 2003.

4. Saravana Kumar G., et al., Feature Based Design and Rapid Product
Development of Saddletree, International Journal of Agile Manufacturing,
Vol. 4, Issue 2, 2002.

I will send my detailed resume with references if interested. I am
immediately available if an opportunity exists and I assure you my research
commitment.

My address for communication is

G.Saravana Kumar E-mail : gskumar@iitk.ac.in
                                saravanakumar_gurunathan@yahoo.com
Research Scholar Tel : +91-512-2597838
C/o Dr. Sanjay G. Dhande Fax : +91-512-2597302
CAD-P LAB Hostel : #A 213, Hall 7, IIT Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology Web Page: http://gskumar.cjb.net
Kanpur. 208 016 INDIA. http://www.iitk.ac.in/cad/people/phd/gsk

Sincerely,
gskumar