RE: [rp-ml] Off List Topic

From: <owner-rp-ml_at_rapid.lpt.fi>
Date: Wed Mar 31 2004 - 07:07:28 EEST

Why not simply buy a good digital camcorder?

The medium-good range models all have built-in A-D converters. Simply
cable up your old player (VCR, stereo, etc.), and record on the digital
camcorder. Then do a Firewire transfer to your computer. If you have a new
Mac with iMovie, iTunes, and iDVD bundled, you need no other software or
hardware. On the PC side, get a Firewire card and use Microsoft's Movie
maker or buy other software.

I do this (on Mac) all the time.
WARNING: TV and studio editors get paid well for a reason. This will suck
more time than you may believe, because you will want it "just right". ;)

Cheers, and there goes your weekend...,
Scott

Scott A. Schroeder, Ph.D.\ phone: 805-373-4427
Rockwell Scientific Co. \ fax: 805-373-4775
1049 Camino Dos Rios \ email: sschroeder@rwsc.com
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 \ http://www.rwsc.com

Bob Olsen <Bob@protogenic.com>
Sent by: owner-rp-ml@rapid.lpt.fi