RE: powder packing density!!!

From: Miller, Michael W <michael.w.miller_at_boeing.com>
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 16:04:02 EET

I've always wondered, what's the packing density for spheres?

Bear in mind most powders have a range of sizes, hence tighter packing =
is obtained as the smaller particles fill up the spaces between the =
bigger ones. Also when dealing with powder, other factors such as flow =
are affected by non-round shapes.

Michael W Miller (michael.w.miller@boeing.com) =20
The Boeing Company M/C 45-17 A-2329 206-655-3289
Rapid Product Manufacturing 655-4366 655-4365 655-2262 =20
http://dmp-rpm.web.boeing.com/splash.htm

Disclaimer: Engineer and out the other!
Experience is something you get right after you need it.