Re: powder packing density!!!

From: Jean-Marc Boéchat <jean-marc.boechat_at_eivd.ch>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 17:04:42 EET

Hello list and Toby:

I have a problem with your statement that it packs more densely than perf=
ect
spheres and you said it approaches 0.74. In fact if you calculate the max
packing density of perfect spheres, having the same diameter, it is 0.74=
. So
anything under this is not really interesting to me.
Could you elaborate on your statement?

I think if you want to improve the packing density the easiest way is to =
use
bi-modal particle distribution.

Just my 2 cents worth! :)

J.-M. Bo=E9chat