RP

From: Siemer, Michael <Michael.Siemer_at_disney.com>
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 17:46:14 EET

I have an idea to possibly help us battle the spam issue. If it's already been mentioned, then I apologize (it's so much work to delete all the junk messages that it makes it hard to read the important ones).

Instead of filtering via a "do not pass" for words like "Viaggra", "Morttgages", etc., could we make a "pass" filter if the subject line includes the letters "RP"? This requires that when posting a message each person includes this in the subject line, but it's really not much work compared to the current situation (like I have done in the subject line of this email). Automatically "RP" is also included in any replies.

If the filter cannot be created at the RPML level, then it can be done at the user level (I have already created it for my Outlook and have attached it to this email for you to use). If I don't hear from anyone, then I'll know my idea sucked and I'll be officially signing off for good...thanks for all the great information and discussions.

It may not filter all the bad stuff, and I also apologize in advance if this causes another huge thread. It's just one last huge swing at the fence.

Thanks to Hannu and Seppo!

Best regards,
Michael

"It never hurts to try"