RE: Topographical Map Conversion

From: Charles Overy <cwho_at_lgmmodel.com>
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 01:13:54 EET

Paul

We do this all the time. In fact I have an stl of Mt Hood. (Close to
Rainier at least) Do you want to know how to do it or do you just need one
done? IN some cases it is easy, others, not so easy.

Some questions are:
Do you have data or do you just have a site that you need a mesh off?
Is the site in the USA?
Most of the US is widely available as USGS Digital Elevation Model data but
it is fairly coarse. It works well for large sites at scales like 1" = 100'
but not for something like 1" = 8'.
What scale do you need the output and/or what resolution.

Happy to help you.

reply by email or call 800 448 8808

Charles Overy
LGM