Re: SL5220 and SL5240 resin master patterns used in RTV castings

From: Martin CM Wong [IC] (icmwong@inet.polyu.edu.hk)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 02:21:20 EET

Dear David,
Curing inhibitation of silicone rubber
You can use Shin-Etsu KE1314 Silicone rubber www.shinetsu.co.jp , this type of silicone rubber is no good in doing Optical clear transparent PU castings. Or you can either place the masters in 60°C oven for 1 hour or in room temperature for 3 days to decrease the inhibitation.

Regard

Martin Wong

Rapid Tooling & Manufacturing Unit
"Enabling technologies for small batch
 Plastic & Metal parts manufacturing"

Industrial Centre
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Hunghom, Hong Kong
CHINA
Tel.: (852) 2766 7625
Fax: (852) 2334 4634
E-mail: icmwong@polyu.edu.hks,

>>> <David.Oblak@coulter.com> 11/15/03 3:57:17 AM >>>
Is anyone using SL5220 and/or SL5240 resins as masters for RTV urethane
castings? I believe I'm having contamination problems with my silicone from the
sla material (master) and would like to receive feedback from people that have
had similar issues. I would like to speak with actual users and not vendors
wanting me to use their products. Thanks for any helpful info.

David Oblak
Beckman/Coulter Inc.
Sr. Mechanical Designer/RP
(305) 380-3764