Re: Void Normal Direction

From: Bill Richards (billr@virtcon.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 03:16:33 EET

Ah! Ok. That does make a lot more sense. You know me -- always
approaching it from the "How the hell am I going to build THIS?" point
of view. :)

        Well, having no idea what this thing looks like - could you invert the
model and build the core itself? The core could be used literally as a
core for molding. Pour RTV silicon rubber around it and then extract
the core.
        Another approach, use a cutting plane across the completed model --
assuming the interior geometry would allow it -- and then generate the
two halves. Use them as patterns to generate molds, and then use the
molds to cast a transparent material. Assemble the two pieces, and you
have your solid mathematical object.

On Nov 10, 2003, at 9:24 AM, Jonathan Chertok wrote:

> Bill. I think we had a miscommunication on what the file looks like.
> It's a mathematical model. The interior is of interest. Some SLA
> materials are translucent/transparent. I don't think it is as
> complicated as you may be visualizing it.

        - Bill

                Nyquil - The stuffy, sneezy,
                why-the-hell-is-the-room-spinning medicine.