Void Normal Direction

From: Jonathan Chertok (chertok22@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 17:52:38 EET

List,

I have a shape that has an enclosed void, which seems to want to print as a
solid. If I take a quarter section out of the model it prints fine, however
as a fully enclosed volume it prints as a solid.

I am wondering if Magics Communicator Lite has a "direction" command that
would show the normal directions for its X, Y and Z sections - as the model
appears to be formed appropriately.

I also have the demo version of STL Editor that works great and would be
interested in knowing if there is a better way to inspect this model with
STL Editor as well.

Rhino seems to show the model with the void, but does not show any interior
normal directions.

Is there something tricky about this process that I should know?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Universal Joint: Buildings + Digital Design

Jonathan Chertok. Principal
Austin, Texas [512] 407 9628

Full Service Design and Construction

>From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always playing
on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE!