RE: SLC slice format - direct generation

From: Steven Adler \( A3DM \) (adler@a3dm.com)
Date: Sun Oct 19 2003 - 18:46:56 EEST

Kiran

I am told by many experts that this is a difficult conversion . The
results, more likely than not, would be a very leaky Stl file in need of
repair. You would also note increased stair-stepping in the model
geometry itself before it ever got to a RP machine.

The only CAD program that generates Stl files from SLC is JewelCAD where
I have seen mixed results. It will not import SLC files from other CAD
programs

Steven Adler

Automated 3D Modeling, Inc

www.a3dm.com