Re: ?InVision Printer?

From: Ed Wilson (ewilson_esi@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 18 2003 - 07:34:01 EEST

Phil,

I have had some benchmark parts made with the 3D Systems Invision printer and have been very impressed. I even had one part with supports left on the part and they melted right off with no problem. Model quality and detail is great as well. I would say the Viper is superior because of the material choices vs. the Invision currently only has one material. I was able to paint my model and also use it as an RTV pattern as well.

Ed

Phil Iehle <Phil@Versadyne.net> wrote:
Hello List,

Has anyone out there seen parts from the 3D InVision printer that just
started shipping?
How well do they compare to in resolution to .. lets say a viper in hi-res
mode? I know... different technologies.......
What about surface finish of the parts? Anyone touch / feel parts? ( I
missed the last RP get-together. )

What foreseeable impact do you see from this "desktop" / "office" in-house
solution to 3D models?

Just Interested in what other folks out there see and think.

Phil Iehle
Versadyne LLC.

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/ms-tnef name=winmail.dat

Ed Wilson

ESI, Inc.