STL software

From: Ian Gibson (igibson@hkucc.hku.hk)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 06:41:57 EEST

Dear rp-ml

I was wondering whether there are any open-source programs for manipulating
stl files that any of you know about?

Ideally what I'm looking for is code that will allow me to manipulate stl
files, add supports and prepare them for slicing, basically as an
alternative to the 3DS OS. Slice output can be in any format.

If anyone is willing to provide me access to such code, this would be
greatly appreciated. I can discuss more off-list if you wish.

IG

Dr. Ian Gibson

Currently on study leave at
National University of Singapore,
Dept. Mechanical Engineering
9 Engineering Drive 1
Singapore 117576
Tel: +65 6874 1917
Mob: +65 9087 3512

"Everything really is stupidly simple, and yet all around is utter confusion,
don't look around to find the sound that's right beneath your feet"