RE: metallic polymers

From: Andrew Layton (andrew.layton@marc.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 21:00:57 EEST

Xerox is working on printing organic electronics - LCD's and other types of
flat panels.

At 11:12 AM 10/16/2003, Marshall Burns wrote:

>Makai,
>
> Yes, this work has very interesting ramifications for digital
>fabrication. Dupont is not directly addressing that application
>immediately, but other people are. There is a project at MIT, for
>example, that is working on printing electronic circuits directly into
>products.
>
> I'm curious about your suggestion of making propulsion
>components this way. Could you explain what you're thinking about?
>
>Marshall Burns

Mr. Andrew C. Layton Andrew.Layton@marc.gatech.edu
Research Engineer, Rapid Prototyping & Manufacturing Institute
Georgia Institute of Technology
813 Ferst Dr. N.W., Mail Stop 0560, Atlanta, GA 30332-0560
Office: (404) 385-1053 Fax: (404) 894-0957 Cell: (478) 954-4463