RE: "Zero Wall Thickness" and RP Materials

From: Charles Overy (cwho@lgmmodel.com)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 22:01:00 EEST

Jonathan,

What do you expect to see at the 0 wall thickness. Do you want the model
printed with the minumum wall thickness acceptable for the machine or do you
want to see nothing?

If the walls come together and taper to 0 then you probably want the part to
reflect this. Most machines will then taper the build to a no existent
point that depends on the resolution of the machine and the skill of the
post processor among other things. If however, you have 0 wall thickness
but want the wall to show the wall as a min thickness build that is a
different matter that probably requires some sort of mesh manipulation.

Charles